Los Angeles Galaxy forward Robbie Keane has ruled out a loan return to the Premier League after signing a new deal with the MLS side.
The 32-year-old cited his need to recover from injury problems ahead of the new MLS season in March.
The striker spent January and February of the 2011-12 season on loan at Aston Villa, scoring three goals in seven appearances for the Premier League side during the MLS off-season.
However, Keane believes he should remain in the United States after an extended period of football, suggesting he needs a break to be in peak condition for Galaxy in light of reported interest from Queens Park Rangers.
It s been a long season, with the Euros and what have you, he told Sky Sports.
I ve a few little niggles that need to b…
Genoa president Enrico Preziosi has confirmed Juventus are set to sign defender Cristian Romero.
Romero has repeatedly been linked with the Serie A champions in recent months, with reports suggesting he will join for a €30million fee.
The Argentina youth international only moved to Italy at the start of the season but has impressed in 24 league appearances for Genoa in 2018-19.
And it now appears he will make the switch to Juve at the end of the campaign, following striker Krzysztof Piatek who joined AC Milan in the previous transfer window out of the club.
You all know that there is a negotiation in progress [Romero] will go to Juventus, Preziosi told Primocanale.
Allegri: At the end of the season I will have to sit down with the Presi…
Romelu Lukaku was ready to sign a new contract with Everton before voodoo convinced him not to, the club s majority shareholder has claimed.
The Belgium international left Goodison Park to join Manchester United in July following four seasons with the Toffees.
That brought an end to a protracted saga in which Lukaku was linked with both United and a return to Chelsea.
Lukaku has already scored 16 goals in all competitions for United this season, but according to Farhad Moshiri he would never have made the move if not for a last-minute phone call to his mother.
| Another game, another record for : .
Enjoy all Lukaku s 2016/17 goals so far
— Everton (@Everton)
Speaking at Everton s general meeting, Moshiri said: With Romelu I…
Greek champions Olympiacos have parted company with head coach Michel.
Michel guided the club to back-to-back Super League titles, but has faced supporter unrest for the side s recent performances, although Olympiacos have won their last five games in all competitions and are just a point adrift of leaders PAOK.
Olympiacos also came to close to progressing out of their UEFA Champions League group this season following wins over Juventus and Atletico Madrid.
Regardless of results, Olympiacos officials have decided that the time has come to move in a new direction, ending Michel s tenure, which started in February 2013.
The club confirmed Michel s departure in a statement on Tuesday as well as wishing the 51-year-old Spaniard all the best for the fut…
Benfica rekindle interest in Campbell
Primeira Liga champions Benfica are set to launch a fresh assault on Arsenal forward Joel Campbell, .
The Eagles were unsuccessful in their attempts to recruit the Costa Rica star in the summer, and they will attempt to make things right this January.
Benfica were expected to close the deal for Uruguayan forward Jonathan Rodriguez, but with transfer talks threatening to fall through, the club are turning their attention towards Campbell.
The Eagles are set to contact Arsenal regarding the talented striker before submitting an official proposal for the player s services.
The problem is that Arsene Wenger does not seem too keen on letting Campbell leave in spite of using him only sparingly this season.
…
Manchester United great Gary Neville is a little bit disappointed with Cristiano Ronaldo and the ongoing saga surrounding his future.
Ronaldo is widely reported to be seeking an exit from Old Trafford before the close of the transfer window on September 1, due to his desire to continue playing in the Champions League.
That has put new United boss Erik ten Hag in a difficult position, with Friday s news conference ahead of their Premier League opener against Brighton and Hove Albion dominated by questions on the future of his number seven.
Neville said earlier this week United should allow Ronaldo to leave and has now followed up those comments by urging the 37-year-old to come out publicly to make his feelings clear.
I m a little bit disappointed in h…
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has launched a stinging condemnation of Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis after he stated he would not sign African players unless they agreed to waive Africa Cup of Nations duties.
De Laurentiis angered the continent s governing body and others ahead of the new campaign when he said he would no longer recruit individuals eligible for the prestigious continental international tournament.
Unlike other major representative events, such as the European Championship and Copa America, AFCON is usually held midway through the European season, where many of its stars ply their trade.
This year s Qatar 2022 World Cup represents a break from the norm in a mid-season staging, though that was a decision dictated by the weathe…
Should FA appoint Sam Allardyce? / Image via goal.com
England are standing at a major crossroads following their yet another international campaign that ended up in utter disappointment.
With Roy Hodgson gone, the FA face an important decision on appointing a right manager that will be an improvement for the 68-year-old tactician, whose good work during the Euro 2016 qualifiers counted for nothing with the Three Lions showing uninspired and toothless displays that were in great deal attributed to Roy Hodgson’s tactical incompetence.
A couple of names have already been singled out as a possible replacement, but Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce is currently leading the pack in front of the likes of Eddie Howe, Jurgen Klinsmann, Glenn Hoddle, Guus Hidding and eve…
Luke Shaw feared for his career after breaking his leg in two places in a Champions League game for Manchester United last September.
Shaw suffered the injury in a match against PSV and missed the rest of the campaign, including Euro 2016, as a result.
But the left-back is fit and ready for 2015-16 with United set to continue their pre-season preparations against Borussia Dortmund in the International Champions Cup on Friday.
When I first did it, the first thoughts that went through my head were am I going to play football again and how long am I going to be out for , Shaw said.
I wasn t thinking too much of the pain because I can deal with that at that point but yes there was a fear of how long it was going to take or even if I was going to get ba…
West Brom manager Steve Clarke believes Claudio Yacob is good enough to earn a recall to the Argentina squad.
Yacob, 25, won the last of his three caps for his country in 2011 while still at Argentine side Racing before moving on a free transfer to West Brom.
Nevertheless, Clarke believes that while Yacob s struggles with injury this term have contributed to a stop-start campaign for the midfielder, he has enough talent to force his way into Alejandro Sabella s squad in the future.
Certainly in the first half of the season his performances were top, Clarke told the club s official website.
Since he picked up a couple of injuries he has been a little bit less effective in the second half of the season, it s fair to say. It s been a long, tough season in …